Valuable Information You Can Use for Serious Virginia Traffic Offenses
- Juvenile Traffic Court and How to Behave
Speaking with your son or daughter about how to conduct themselves in traffic court can make a big difference.
- Are You a Juvenile Driver in Virginia? Be Respectful to the Police
Teen drivers who are pulled over by the Virginia police should behave courteously and respectfully; there's nothing to be gained by a rude attitude.
- Was Your Teen Charged With a Traffic Violation? You May Be Held Liable
In certain situations, parents may be legally responsible when their teens are arrested for DUI or reckless driving.
- In Virginia, Joyriding Is a Class One Misdemeanor
Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, or “joyriding,” can expose your Virginia teenager to criminal penalties. A skilled traffic violations lawyer can help.
- DUID Is a Serious Offense for Virginia Juveniles
Driving under the influence of drugs (DUID) is a common charge leveled against Virginia teens who use marijuana, meth, or ecstasy.
- In Virginia, Juvenile Drivers Must Maintain Control of Their Vehicles
Swerving, not stopping in time, and other traffic violations can be prosecuted under the Virginia traffic laws as “failing to keep control of your vehicle.”
- Distracted Driving Is a Common Charge Leveled at Virginia Juveniles
If you're a Virginia teenage driver caught fiddling with the stereo or talking to a passenger in the back seat, you can be charged with distracted driving.
- In Virginia, It's Illegal for Juvenile Drivers to Carry Certain Passengers
If you're under the age of 18, the state of Virginia places restrictions on the number of underage passengers you can have in your vehicle.
- Juvenile Drivers in Virginia Are Subject to Curfew Restrictions
The state of Virginia’s curfew does not allow drivers under the age of 18 to drive from midnight to 4 AM.
- Street-Racing by Teen and Juvenile Drivers is a Serious Virginia Traffic Offense
The State of Virginia treats teen street-racing very seriously; penalties can include jail time, fines, and revocation of your license.
- Running a Red Light Is a Serious Juvenile Offense in Virginia
If you're a teenaged driver in the state of Virginia, a citation for running a red light can have very serious consequences.
- If You're a Juvenile in Virginia, Driving without a License Is a Serious Offense
Teenagers who drive without a license are subject to fines and time in jail; that's why they need expert criminal representation.
- Are You a Juvenile Driver in Virginia? Not Having Insurance Will Land You in Trouble
Juvenile drivers in the state of Virginia are required to carry liability insurance; penalties can include fines and suspension of your license.
- Are You a Juvenile Driver in Virginia Who Has Been Accused of Texting while Driving?
Nearly 50 percent of teenagers admit to texting while driving; the lawyers at Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman can help you fight a texting while driving charge.
- Breaking Virginia Traffic Laws Can Be Dangerous for Teen Drivers
Serious Virginia juvenile driving offenses can be costly in more ways than one. A Spotsylvania juvenile traffic law expert warns parents.