Fredericksburg Grandparents' Rights Lawyers

Virginia Grandparent Visitation and Custody Attorney

After separation, divorce or a family dispute, legal and physical custody battles can arise between parents and grandparents who want rights to see their grandchildren. Whether you are a grandparent seeking visitation or you are seeking to protect the best interests of your grandchildren in a dispute, we have experience representing grandparents in custody and visitation cases.

At Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman, PC, our attorneys work to protect the rights of our clients in complex custody disputes, including those involving grandparents' rights. Call 540-642-0489 to arrange a consultation.

Challenges in Grandparents' Rights Cases

While grandparents do have some rights, there are unique barriers in obtaining custody or visitation where the biological parents do not give consent. Frequently, a grandparent or another third party seeking custody or visitation rights over the objection of the biological parents must overcome constitutional preference for biological parents. This can be very difficult and can require the advocacy of an experienced attorney.

Our legal team will help you evaluate the facts of your case, identify your personal interests and pursue your legal rights. We have diverse experience in complex custody claims involving:

  • Grandparents' rights to custody
  • Third party visitation requests
  • Modifications and enforcement
  • Advocacy for aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, stepparents and relatives

Grandparents' Rights and Child Custody

It is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible, if you are a grandparent seeking visitation rights or if you want to prevent a grandparent from obtaining custody. Our legal team is experienced in helping resolve custody cases through settlement to prevent the time, expense and emotional challenges of going to court. At every stage, we will take into consideration your best interests and try to find an optimal solution for you and your family.

We are conveniently located across from the Spotsylvania County Courthouse. For an initial consultation, call the Fredericksburg grandparents' rights attorneys at Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman, PC, at 540-642-0489 or contact our lawyers by e-mail.