Spotsylvania Attorneys Navigate Divorce and Family Law Issues
Client-focused law firm has 70 years of family court experience
From your initial consultation through the final resolution of your case, the family law attorneys at Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman, PC guide clients in the Spotsylvania and Fredericksburg areas through the legal and emotional challenges of divorce or other family crises. Whether you’re considering a collaborative divorce or you’re struggling with the division of your marital assets, we develop personalized solutions that help you move on with your life.
We counsel Virginians about divorce, custody and support
For more than seven decades, Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman, PC has provided clients in the Spotsylvania and Fredericksburg areas an effective team-based approach to family law and divorce. Our attorneys and staff members form decision-making partnerships with our clients, assisting them with matters that include:
- Divorce: Our attorneys analyze your situation and create a divorce plan that works for you. We also handle the issues that surround divorce, such as asset division, child custody, child support, child visitation and spousal support. We are experienced with military divorces.
- Child custody and visitation: When children are involved, divorce creates a host of issues, including how you and your ex-spouse will share your children’s financial and emotional needs. Our attorneys have handled many cases involving grandparents’ and fathers’ rights, as well as disputes over child custody and visitation.
- Modification and enforcement: After a divorce, circumstances such as the loss of a job may require a spouse to seek a modification of spousal or child support payments. In other cases, a spouse may simply stop following a court order to pay support. Our family lawyers are experienced with modification and enforcement cases and work hard to protect your interests.
- Spousal support: In Virginia, spousal support, or alimony, does not have to be awarded at the time the divorce is granted. The spouses can leave the issue open and reserve the right to seek alimony in the future. We represent the interests of spouses in the Spotsylvania and Fredericksburg areas who seek alimony as well as those concerned about having to pay support.
- Child support: Virginia has statutory child support guidelines that provide a formula for determining the financial responsibilities of the noncustodial parent. We help you determine your obligations under the guidelines.
Our attorneys answer your questions about your divorce, custody and support
Jarrell, Hicks & Waldman, PC has a long history of helping clients make the transitions involved in divorce. Call (540) 582-5300 to set a consultation, or contact us online for appointment scheduling. We serve clients in and around Fredericksburg, Thornburg, Spotsylvania, Corbin, Woodford, Hartwood, Partlow, Richardsville, Locust Grove, Brooke, Ladysmith, Stafford, Lignum, Goldvein, Rappahannock Academy, Garrisonville, Sumerduck, Caroline County, Fauquier County, Hanover County, King George County, Orange County, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County. Our offices are in the historic Spotswood Inn, a short distance from the courthouse.